Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show only active Employees

Hi,

I'm fairly new to PowerBI and just struggling with a couple of things. I have a table 'HarvestPeople' which contains employee details such as 'Name', 'Staff ID', 'Contract Start Date', 'Contract End Date' and 'Capacity (hrs available to work each day)'. In my visualisations I have a Date Range slicer i.e. 01/03/19 to 26/07/20.

I have a visualisation which shows the % of capacity used by Individual/Team/Dept etc but when someone leaves it carries on counting their capacity. I need to be able to only show capacity/utilisation for those who are still active within the date range selected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

JD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Agador,

You could achieve this by filtering both on the start and end date. If I understand correctly you are currently only filtering based on the startdate with a between. On top of this you would also want to filter the end date to filter out any employees who have left service by a certain time. Below you will find an example of how to manage this:

From and To Date Slicers in Power BI: Filtering Based on Two Fields - RADACAD

best regards,

Tim

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Agador,

You could achieve this by filtering both on the start and end date. If I understand correctly you are currently only filtering based on the startdate with a between. On top of this you would also want to filter the end date to filter out any employees who have left service by a certain time. Below you will find an example of how to manage this:

best regards,

Tim

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Tim.

Hope you are doing fine. I have a question regarding "showing only Active employees".

I have a table with different employees and I want to include only the ones with more than 5 months in the role until the ends date (if that's the case). 

romovaro_0-1647274437317.png

In the Active resource List table I have the start date of the role and in the inactive list the End Date (only showing in the tables de inactive ones). If still working for the company, the name is not included in the Inactive table. 

romovaro_1-1647274669685.png

I tried you approach and used the Start Date + 5 month to match the 5 month requirement but I don' think that's the good approach. While moving the filter I remove names that should be in the table...(they could start working earlier and still in the company...)

Any tip how to approach that? thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tim, that seems to have done the trick. Much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.