Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show one value based on column headers and one separate

Hello,

I'm trying to show one of my values as a total ONLY and one based per month. Here is a screenshot of what I currently have:

Power BI Column headers.jpg

I would only like to see SellThrough based on the month. The ClientSOH is actually a duplicate value and I'd only like to display it as a single column. Not based on the month. The reason for this is because the data only displays the latest ClientSOH. 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi ,

The best we can do is replacing the ClientSOH with below measure, but note that the column name will always appeared.

MeasureofCilentOH = 

IF(ISINSCOPE(Sales[Month]), BLANK(),
            SUM(Sales[ClientSOH]
        )/DISTINCTCOUNT(Sales[Month]
    ))

05.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

We can create a measure using DAX like this to show the total sales of every month, and another measure to show the total of all month.

TotalSalesByMonth = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sellthrough]),ALL(Sales[ProductDescription]),VALUES(Sales[Month]))

01.png

Pbix attached.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I don't need the total sales. The sales must stay how they are. I need the ClientSOH to be just one column instead of per month. So if I put:

TotalClientSOH = CALCULATE(SUM('Sell Out'[ClientSOH]),ALL('Sell Out'[ProductDescription]),VALUES('Sell Out'[Month]))

and put it under values, it's giving me the following:

TotalCSOH.jpg

The ClientSOH for the "Amplify New Revolutionary earphones - Black & Blue" should be in a single column and the value should only be 897

Thanks

Hi ,

The best we can do is replacing the ClientSOH with below measure, but note that the column name will always appeared.

MeasureofCilentOH = 

IF(ISINSCOPE(Sales[Month]), BLANK(),
            SUM(Sales[ClientSOH]
        )/DISTINCTCOUNT(Sales[Month]
    ))

05.PNG

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks I'll try the measure. If I create a measure for total sales as well, as you mentioned above, will the headings per month for the ClientSOH not be there?

Thanks

Pete

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? if so, please kindly mark the most helpful answer as solution to help others find it more quickly. thanks a lot!

quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on all my research, It not able to remove the column header there. 

quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

The [ClientSOH] and [Sellthrough] are both columns? rather than measure?

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.