Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shippior
Helper II
Helper II

Show non-existent Boolean value on visual

For a visual I have a Card which is supposed to show the number of items that have been correctly handled.

To evaluate if an item is correctly handled an IF statement is written and the outcome is either TRUE or FALSE. If an item has been correctly handled it shows TRUE.

Now at the very start of the project, zero items have been correctly handled meaning all values are FALSE. However, I want the card to depict that currently there are 0 TRUE options. Due to the fact TRUE is currently not existent in the list I can not filter the TRUE options. Is there a way to display on the Card that 0 options are TRUE without having to make an extra measure to count the TRUE values?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Shippior ,

In this case, since there is no "true" field in the table, you must create additional measure and construct a context to count the "true" field.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

if the measure returns BLANK you can instead have it return ZERO (0).

you just have to add + 0 to the end of the formula

Currently it either returns either TRUE or FALSE, because an item is either correctly handled or it is not. There is no inbetween. So currently it only returns FALSE while I want to show the number of times TRUE is returned (0).

Edit: Spelling

Hi @Shippior ,

In this case, since there is no "true" field in the table, you must create additional measure and construct a context to count the "true" field.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.