Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jowilli
Regular Visitor

Show no data in a table until a slicer item selected

I have a report that shows projected parts issued based on forecasts. In the report, I have a slicer that allows the report consumer to select the Planning Center(s) that they want to see the forecasts for. They can select multiple Planning Centers. I have a second table that I use to show the Planning Center Descriptions that have been selected (the slicer is a long list that doesn't all apprear on the screen). If nothing has been selected in the slicer, the entire list of Planning Centers appears in the table of planning center descriptions. I would like this table to be blank until something is selected in the slicer.

Can someone tell me how to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Sample data always helps...Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

That being said, try adding a hidden column measure like this:

Measure = IF(COUNTROWS(ALLSELECTED((Table))) = COUNTROWS(ALL(Table)),BLANK(),1)

Will return blank when nothing is selected, otherwise returns a value. Blanks will not show up in your table so the table will be blank until something is selected. Hide the measure column by turning off word wrapping and shrinking the column until it it doesn't show.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Sample data always helps...Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

That being said, try adding a hidden column measure like this:

Measure = IF(COUNTROWS(ALLSELECTED((Table))) = COUNTROWS(ALL(Table)),BLANK(),1)

Will return blank when nothing is selected, otherwise returns a value. Blanks will not show up in your table so the table will be blank until something is selected. Hide the measure column by turning off word wrapping and shrinking the column until it it doesn't show.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.