Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fajemile
Frequent Visitor

Show next event date with images

Hi there 

So I have this issue where I am trying to show the next event. In this case it is the next game. I can do relative flitering by date but that only allows me to show the next x games. Advanced flitering only shows the date after a fixed day rather than the current day the report is being looked at. 

1.png

In the photo Arsenal V Cardiff city is the next game. I manged to fliter the table to show the next 7 days. I did 7 days just to make sure there was a game within the time frame. Ideally  would want next game irrespective of how many days untill the game. The second thing is having the corresponding logo with the team. I have changed the interactions but it still does not work. Should be arsenal and cardiff.

Thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @fajemile

Please check the attached file.Replace the url as 1,2,3,4 and add some visual level filters to achieve that.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @fajemile

Could you share the .pbix file which could reproduce your scenario?Please explain more about your expected output.Sample data and expected output will be helpful to provide an accurate solution.You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-cherch-msft

Thank you for the reply, my organisation has blocked me sharing files with the public on onedrive; is there another way I could send it?

Files

Hi @fajemile

Could you paste some simplified sample data and explain about your expected output here?Please refer to How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Regards,

Cherie

Hi @v-cherch-msft

Apologies for the way I had my last post worded. 

Hopefully this will make a bit more sense. 

Below is my fixtures dataset for a two week period

DateHomevAway
03/02/2019Team BvTeam A
09/02/2019Team CvTeam A
14/02/2019Team DvTeam A
21/02/2019Team AvTeam D

The other dataset I have is for the images as seen below

images dataset.PNG

This is what has been imported into power bi; the team name and image url. I have just overlayed the photo of the team name over the url so you have an idea of what the team images look like. 

I have made a relationship between the home and away columns in the fixtures table and team in the images table. They have a many to one relationship in both directions as seen below. 

relationship.png

At the moment this is what I am getting. There is a table with all the games that will be occuring sorted by date. But i only want a table that will show the next game only in acordance with the current date. I can do relative flitering by date but that only allows me to show the next x amount of games. Advanced flitering only shows the date after a fixed day rather than the current day the report is being looked at. The next game is on the 3rd feb and it is team b vs team a. I made two other tables below the images one has the date and the home and the other one has the date and away.

I have flitered this value so you could see the games within the next 7 days which is why it is only the 3rd of feb as opposed to the full table. Next I have the pictures; at the moment it is only show team d and team d but its supposed to show team b v team a. 

at the moment.PNG

This is the type of interactions I have for the photos

interactions.jpg

This is ultimatly what I a trying to achieve 

what i want.png

Hi @fajemile

Please check the attached file.Replace the url as 1,2,3,4 and add some visual level filters to achieve that.

Regards,

Cherie

Thank you @v-cherch-msft this worked perfectly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.