Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shaunguyver
Helper III
Helper III

Show multiple series from different tables in same line chart

I have several data sets, all of which have the same column layout:

• Property Name
  • 2015 Cost (£)
  • 2016 Cost (£)
  • 2017 Cost (£)
  • 2018 Cost (£)

Each data set represents a different kind of cost. One data set is 'rent', another is 'security costs', etc. But, they're all financial and have the same column layout.

I want to create a line chart that shows each of these costs as different series. I am able to do this for each data set individually by unpivoting the columns. But when I place more than one value into the line chart (from another data set), it simply puts a line through the chart that isn't correct for the data.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shaunguyverYou could add a new column to each of your facts(sheets) which tells the category(i.e. Rent etc) and then union all the facts into 1 table. When you are drawing the line chart after this you can add the category in the legend field.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shaunguyver Can you post a screenshot of sample data?

Thanks for your quick reply - the first screenshot is an example of the Excel data my data sets are feeding from. The second screenshot is the data set in query editor once it has been un-pivoted so that I can create line charts.

screenshot1.pngscreenshot2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shaunguyverYou could add a new column to each of your facts(sheets) which tells the category(i.e. Rent etc) and then union all the facts into 1 table. When you are drawing the line chart after this you can add the category in the legend field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.