Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Masikonde
Frequent Visitor

Show months on "Line and clustered column chart" even when there is no data

Hi All,

Periodically security training are send out to people, I need each month to appear on the "Line and clustered column chart" even when there is no data, I'm currently struggling to have September 2019 show in the graph. Has anyone dealt with this in the past? Below are the details_Excel.PNG_Report.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Masikonde
Frequent Visitor

Thank you everyone for all your help, I was able to use your inputs to fix the problem, I also discovered that you can select the the month or dates on the data , and apply the filters as shown in below to get all the months within 12 calendar months or any other period of interest.Dates_Filter.PNG

View solution in original post

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Masikonde ,

Glad to hear that. Please accept your solution above so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Icey

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Masikonde ,

Glad to hear that. Please accept your solution above so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Icey

Masikonde
Frequent Visitor

Thank you everyone for all your help, I was able to use your inputs to fix the problem, I also discovered that you can select the the month or dates on the data , and apply the filters as shown in below to get all the months within 12 calendar months or any other period of interest.Dates_Filter.PNG

kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This is a case where adding a "calendar table" is really helpful. If you had a separate table with all the months/dates then you could link it to your table and use the months from the calendar table in your graph. That way they would show up even when there was not data for those months.

Here is a link to a post with more information.https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/creating-a-simple-date-table-in-dax/

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!