Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jedismurf
Regular Visitor

Show matching and non matching data in a table from a visualisation selection

Hi,

Im quite new to Power BI but spent a lot of time in the past using Tibco Spotfire.

One feature i found really useful for my data analysis in spotfire was the ability to compare values based on a selection against the invers of the selection

Example:

I have 2 tables,

Table 1 : Contains a list of call lengths in seconds with a Call ID column , in this table each row has a unique call ID

ID        call length

001     100

002     150

003     125

004     300

005     175

Table 2 : contains a list of values and Call ids, in this table the call ID may appear on multiple rows with different Values - the valuies represent actions that happened on the calls 

ID       Value

001    Hold Time

001    transfer

002    system crash

002    transfer

003    Hold Time

003    System crash

003    Transfer

The tables have a relationship based on the ID Column

I am currenlty visualising Table2 in a bar chart to show how often each value was present

I have a 2nd visual based on Table 1 that shows the average call length, this can be filtered to show the average call length where the selected value is present by selecting a bar in the 1st visual

What i cant figure out is how to also show the average time of all the remaining data in table 1 (where the selected Value is NOT Present) when i make a the selection in the 1st visual

I hope that all makes sense, can try and mock up some data to show screenshots if needed

Thanks

Paul

1 REPLY 1
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jedismurf

You may try to create a measure to get the table as requested. Here is the reference for you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-can-I-join-tables-with-a-condition/m-p/490203#M228430

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.