Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AshwinKulkarni
Advocate I
Advocate I

Show marker is turning off while publishing report on service account

We have  created a trend chart on one of our report keeping Show marker option on for shapes.
On PBI desktop trend chart is showing marker (dots) but when I publish it to service account I can see trend chart is not showing markers(dots).

Trend chart 2.PNGTrend chart1.PNG

Able to see with marker in PBI desktop and same visual is seen with out marker on service account.
If we go to edit repot on service it is showing option of sshow marker is OFF and if we turn it ON in service and save the report againit is turing OFF automatically.
This is happening in all workspaced.
This is a bit starnge scenario we have encountered. Can anyone please help.
Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
zhkok
Regular Visitor

Hi there,

I am also facing the exact problem started yesterday.

Started notice when Dashboard marker missing. Problem traced back to report "Show Marker" is being switched off. However, it is only certain line chart having this issue. Some other line chart on the same page has no issue. 

Tried: 

1) Edit the report, show marker, save it, refresh the report -- Same problem

2) Re-publish the original report from Power BI Desktop -- Same problem

3) Update bookmark with show marker -- Same problem

4) Different account -- Same problem

5) Temporary Method: Re-create all the problematic charts. (yesterday, 2 charts faced this issue. If tomorrow more charts having this problem will be big issue for me)

Temporary Method is not consider as solution if this is Power BI's issue/bug. Hope actual solution can be found soon.

Thank you.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AshwinKulkarni 

With my test, both desktop and service are able to save the shape marker in the line graph, I have some thoughts you can give it a try:

1. Make sure you have updated to the latest version Desktop

2. Create a sample and test, see if that problem still occurs. ( I used import mode, connection mode might effects)

3. Try publish to different workspaces.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AshwinKulkarni , Clear Cache republish and try

@amitchandak Thanks for the reply.
Tried it still facinng same issue

@amitchandak ,

Are you using any bookmark? If yes, so turn on markers then save the bookmark with this state,And then publish.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.