Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reetz
Helper II
Helper II

Show items with no data not working in a matrix

Can't figure out how to get around this problem.    Please see the attached PBIX file. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsztPe4auCBSajopWhoJBWjonoI?e=TVOgTi       

if an item is not ordered in a particular month, there is no record for it in the Orders table.  For products ordered in the past, need to show a blank or a zero when the product was not ordered in a particular month.  Don't want to show all products if they were never ordered. 

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Reetz ,

I checked your report and found no problems. The ‘Show items with no data’ option works normally.

Don't you want the kind of visual effect I marked?

v-lionel-msft_1-1595307901093.png

The matrix below turns on the ‘Show items with no data’ option on the ‘Year-Month’ field and the ‘Product’ field.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response.  The matrix you circled is fine if left unfiltered.  My issue is when you filter down to Mary Jones, the matrix only shows her Feb 2020 bike order.  I also need to also show Jan and March as either blanks or zero for bikes ordered .  That is where I am having difficulty.  Right not, it is confusing for our Customer Service Dept when they are looking up a customer.  They need to see  every month in the timeframe they are looking up if a product was ordered or not.   Hope that makes sense.

Capture.PNG

Hi @Reetz ,

The easiest way is to turn on the "Show items with no data" option on the [Year-Month] field.

v-lionel-msft_0-1596011898250.png

Can this meet your requirements? If not, please bring it up and I will follow it again.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.