Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Show items with no data is unmarked and when selecting all days it includes empty values

Hi,

I have two charts with a metric of time per operation processed, and I included a time slicer to select the specific date. 

I verified that the "Show items with no data" option in the time slicer field is not checked. But still if I select all dates, then the days with no values, e.g. Sundays, are included in the calculations, detracting the meaning of the metric. For instance, I'm trying to show the minimum processing time, and when I select all the days, the minimum is zero. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

When I include the date in the chart, like in a scatter chart with date on the play axis, it works fine, the days with no value don't show up. Only when the time slicer is a different object in the report appears not to be working.

Here's a screenshot of my metric where Sunday February 7, 2016 has zero value and is still used for the metric calculation.

Time_slicer_showing_days_w_no_data.png

When all the days of the month, February 2016 in this case, are selected, the minimum value is zero because includes Sundays, like February 7, 2016, giving a record value of 0.00 seconds per operation processed, which is false.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @calerof,

Would you mind marking helpful or prefer replies as answers? So that we are able to close the thread. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi calerof

For me too some times it will work like you, i think this is bug in power BI.

I suggest you , use visual level filter for measure and choose "Is not Blank", try this

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks for your answer. Problem is that the filter option in the card visualization is blocked.

Hi @calerof,

Based on my test, if we set the X-Axis as Continues type, the item without any value contained will also display in a chart though we haven't checked "Show items with no data" option. So in your scenario, please change this type as Categorical.

z1.PNG

z2 - Copy.PNG

Also you need to check whether the measure displayed in the Card visual is correct. In my test, the measure is calculated from below expression:

Measure = MINX( FILTER(Table2, Table2[value]<>BLANK()),Table2[value])

z3.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Qiuyun Yu,

Thank you for your response. Actually after reviewing the original data, I found my mistake. There's an actual measure of zero (0 sec/unit).  So the card was not pointing to the empty value of February 7, 2016, but to the actual measure of zero in the metric on February 3, 2016.

Zero_measure.png

This excel file shows the original dataset with the value of zero in the measure duration, which is shown correctly below in the card.

Zero_measure2.png

On February 3, 2016 at 5:00 pm was zero actually zero the duration metric. 

Sorry for my initial question without validating first the data in detail. Anyway thank you very much for your answer.

Regards,

Fernando

Hi @calerof,

It seems that the issue has been solved, right? Smiley Tongue

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi Qiuyun_Yu,

Yes, it's working as expected.

Hi @calerof,

Would you mind marking helpful or prefer replies as answers? So that we are able to close the thread. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.