Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

phamtrinh96
Helper II
Helper II

[ Show in Table Chart ]

Hi Everyone , 

I have a problem. I create two table chart ,

One table chart show customer information and " Number Of Transaction " of Customer . 

Ex : 

Capture.PNG

One table chart show transaction information 

Ex : 

Capture.PNG

And I want show The Customers have " Number Of Transaction " > 1 , so I use filter 

Capture2.PNG

The chart " Transaction Information "  still shows all transactions, I just want to display customer transactions with "Number Of Transaction" greater than 1. 

Thanks you

30 REPLIES 30
phamtrinh96
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Everybody,

I created post "Show data table chart" https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Show-in-Table-Chart/m-p/688609#M331964

Although I received your enthusiastic support, I still haven't solved the problem. So I created a powerBI file so you can help me understand my problem. Please, see the powerbi file and give me an idea.
Thank you
File PowerBI in this link

When I chose the number of Customer, only the change in the 1st chart, but there was no change in the 2nd chart according to the 1st chart.

And I thing this problem is not easy , But we often encounter this problem because the powerbi does not support the filter in Measure.

can you provide an example :
Suppose, if you select number 2 from the slicer, what are the results you want to see in the Table 1 and Table 2?

Yes , 

Expect Result when I Choose 1

Expect_1.PNG

And Expect Result When I Choose 2

Expect_2.PNG

Thanks you 

try this:

Create a table like below:

Summarized Customres = SUMMARIZE(TransactionInformation,TransactionInformation[CustomerNumber],"Customer_Count",COUNT(TransactionInformation[CustomerNumber]))

Now, make relationships as below:

2019-05-13 09_46_30-NumberOfCustomer - Power BI Desktop.png

Now, Use Customer_count from summary table as Slicer values.

2019-05-13 09_48_23-NumberOfCustomer - Power BI Desktop.png

2019-05-13 09_48_34-NumberOfCustomer - Power BI Desktop.png

I'm sorry , I missing Restaurant slicer , It use to choose Restaurant. 

If we choose a specific restaurant, "Number Of Customer" will change, so we need to use measure.

So this solution doesn't sure.

Due to my confuse , I'm sorry , Pls help me again.

file powerbi in this links updated https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KUUSG-oeQMGdLPp7MyTiD4Wfs7SpPqnQ/view?usp=sharing

Result expect when I choose RestaurantCode = RC2 and NumberOfCustomer  = 3

Expect_3.PNG

ok.

create another table for restaurant code like below:

Restaurant = DISTINCT(TransactionInformation[RestaurantCode])

Now, create relationship like this.

2019-05-13 10_34_57-NumberOfCustomer - Power BI Desktop.png

and drag and drop fields from the tables like below.

2019-05-13 10_36_54-.png

No ,if choose RestaurantCode = RC4 and NumberCustomer = 1 then True Result is

Expect_4.PNG

I want ask , Why aren't you use measure same me ?  

Even one works differently for the same results.

May be someone will help you.. All the best.

Thanks for your help, 

Can you give me some people to contact and ask?

that was the basic Idea. If you have proper data model. It will be easier way to achieve. Wait for Community Official Support team to help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the data sets from different tables?

if they are all from one source, you should be able to drag your "Number of transaction" measure to the visual level filter and select > 1. dont forget to click the "apply filter" button as well.

It is from 2 different data tables.

I use filter in chart table first , But It does not change the second chart data after using the 1st chart filter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. what you can do (im not sure if this will work) is:

1.) in the second table, put customer number again as another value. 

2.) select this value and select it to display count.

3.) now this count value should also appear in the filter box, then just select >1.

4.) Once you´ve applied the filter, you can remove the value from step #1.

you dont have to put the transaction measure in the second table as a filter with this method.

i hope it works!

"Number Of Customer" is measure , so It don't use filter slicer and I mean this solution is not good.

I follow solution https://www.pbiusergroup.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=c78f7a0c-...

I created slicer filter " Number Of Customer". 

When I chose the number of transactions, only the change in the 1st chart, but there was no change in the 2nd chart according to the 1st chart.

Hi @phamtrinh96 ,

You can create measure Filter1 in the first table, and put the Filter1 into the Visual Level Filter of table chart which show transaction information , setting Filter1 as "is not blank", don't forget click the "Apply filter" button.

Filter1= IF(MAX(Table1[Number Of Transaction])>1,1,BLANK())

7.png

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi ,

This link is file PowerBI , Could you download and see for help me ? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EmgXrCQEA8k4u70NamLesprFjIXENs72/view?usp=sharing

Hi ,

This link is file PowerBI , Could you download and see for help me ? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EmgXrCQEA8k4u70NamLesprFjIXENs72/view?usp=sharing

And Expect Result when I Choose NumberOfTransaction = 1

Ex1.PNG

Expect Result when I choose NumberOfTransaction = 4

Ex4.PNG

Thank you

Hi @phamtrinh96 ,

You can create column NumberOfTransaction_Column, and put it in Slicer visual as new slicer. It seems your Hierarchyslicer NumberOfTransaction have no logical relationship with the other tables, and the measure can't be put into slicer visual, so I recommend you create column as new slicer.

NumberOfTransaction_Column = CALCULATE(COUNT(TransactionInformation[RestaurantCode]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(TransactionInformation),TransactionInformation[CustomerNumber]=EARLIER(CustomerInformation[CustomerNumber])))

When make some selections in the new slicer, return result showing picture below.

1.png2.png

For your demand in original page >>And I want show The Customers have " Number Of Transaction " > 1, you can put the column NumberOfTransaction_Column into the Visual Level Filter of table chart which show transaction information , setting it as "is greater than 1", don't forget click the "Apply filter" button.

3.png

Here is my test pbix: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EdomtDbYD8VBn2KBsk...

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi , 

Thanks for your help.

Why do I use measure instead of column?
That's because if I have a trading time slicer. I select a time period that will display its transactions during that time and "Number Of Transaction" corresponding to the time period. That's why I use measure. So if you have more options for trading time, your solution is not good, do you have any other solution for me?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.