Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aslan
Helper I
Helper I

Show image instead of name

Do you know how can i show country flags as a slicer instead of names? Like in below screenshot, i want to show flags and when clicked each of them, it will show only data of that country.

cntry.PNG

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You do NOT need to use a custom visual for this. If you have a column that has URL's to images, go into your data model and set that column to have a Data Category of "Image URL" in the Modeling tab. Then, just add that column as the field in your slicer and you have an image slicer.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

@aslan

You DO however need to use the  Chiclet Slicer if those images are not the size you want!

The Chiclet Slicer gives you options to make the images smaller and also define number of rows and columns in the slicer, etc...

This way you can set it up so you don't have just 1 column with a scroll bar (which is what you'll get otherwise!)

You can display all images in the Slicer on the screen by making them smaller (if necessary) and/or adding columns and rows!

Bottomline you have a lot of flexibility and depending on how many images you have you can do many different things!

For example you can put all images in 1 row on top of your screen!

This is a Microsoft Visual BTW.

EDIT: Its your choice! Smiley Happy

Flags.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @aslan

You have to download and import this custom visual
https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/ChicletSlicer1448559807354 

Hope this helps!

not exactly same but it also work fine. BTW, how is it safe to use custom visuals with client data?

Thanks.

You do NOT need to use a custom visual for this. If you have a column that has URL's to images, go into your data model and set that column to have a Data Category of "Image URL" in the Modeling tab. Then, just add that column as the field in your slicer and you have an image slicer.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Could you please tell me which extension did you use in  the URL, because it didn't work for me, il can't see the image eventhough i put a sharepoint URL where i stored the image 

@aslan

You DO however need to use the  Chiclet Slicer if those images are not the size you want!

The Chiclet Slicer gives you options to make the images smaller and also define number of rows and columns in the slicer, etc...

This way you can set it up so you don't have just 1 column with a scroll bar (which is what you'll get otherwise!)

You can display all images in the Slicer on the screen by making them smaller (if necessary) and/or adding columns and rows!

Bottomline you have a lot of flexibility and depending on how many images you have you can do many different things!

For example you can put all images in 1 row on top of your screen!

This is a Microsoft Visual BTW.

EDIT: Its your choice! Smiley Happy

Flags.png

@SeanChiclet Slicer has more capabilities. I am happy to use it in my local 🙂 but i just couldn't be sure how much it is trustful to use any custom visual on client data?

This is better than custom visual. But in this case, i couldn't remove checkboxs. Is it possible to show only images without checkboxs?

cnt.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.