Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shalin
Frequent Visitor

Show first value by date

I have a report showing products that are on purchase order, basically:

Item, PO Number, Date due, Status. 

I have a page level filter on status so that it only shows Orders with the right status of outstanding. I want to show the first PO number only, based on earliest date due, per item number. Is that possible? 

So eg. If one item is on 2 different PO's, one due tomorrow and one next week, I would want the report to only give the PO number of the order due tomorrow, not next week

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Shalin

You may create a measure and then drag it to visual level filter. Attached the sample file for your reference.

First =
IF (
    MAX ( 'Table'[Date due] )
        = MINX (
            FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ), 'Table'[Item] = MAX ( 'Table'[Item] ) ),
            'Table'[Date due]
        ),
)

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Shalin

You may create a measure and then drag it to visual level filter. Attached the sample file for your reference.

First =
IF (
    MAX ( 'Table'[Date due] )
        = MINX (
            FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ), 'Table'[Item] = MAX ( 'Table'[Item] ) ),
            'Table'[Date due]
        ),
)

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yes, but difficult to be specific without sample data. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

That being said, generally you are going to use VAR to create a temp table of your PO's, use MINX to identify the minimum date in that table and then use MAXX or other aggregation against FILTER of your temp table where the date would equal the value from your MINX.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.