Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YunJ
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Show error when changing the style of the matrix

Hi,

When I change the matrix style, it shows error:

1.png2.png3.png

When I click "copy details to clipboard", it shows as following.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
An error occurred while rendering the report.

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.JavaScriptException
at clearStylePresetDefinedProperties (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js:6297:87)
at Object.saveVisualProperty [as save] (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js:6288:94)
at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js:7387:47
at UndoRedoStack.register (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/explore.js:17639:163)
at UndoRedoService.register (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/explore.js:17599:52)
at UndoRedoService.register (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:49557:39)
at PropertyPaneController.save (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js:7386:250)
at fn (eval at compile (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:16508:15), <anonymous>:4:311)
at PropertyCardController.destination.<computed> [as cardChanged] (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:11497:22)
at PropertyCardController.sliceChanged (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js:7240:127)

Stack Trace Message:
An error occurred while rendering the report.

Invocation Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<HandleException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.<>

However, I tried my other pbix file, the style can be changed. Both of them are in the same version:

4.png

Thanks a lot for your time.

Yun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
YunJ
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I know how to solve this. It is because I used the customized theme. 

First, change to default theme, and change style to another one not the default one (Yes, it will work.).

Second, change to the theme you want, and you can change style at this time.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It works when you turn on the background for the matrix. Than you can change the syle to None, and turn off the background again. Its a bit janky but it works... 🙂

YunJ
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I know how to solve this. It is because I used the customized theme. 

First, change to default theme, and change style to another one not the default one (Yes, it will work.).

Second, change to the theme you want, and you can change style at this time.

YunJ
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I found the reason is the theme I used. I choosed a customized theme from gallery. If I change the theme to the default one, the style can be changed. 

But I still want to use my current theme, how can I fix this...?

YunJ_0-1630479679066.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this post! This has been slowly driving me insane the last months.

That's a bit of a hackety workaround, but I'm happy that it works!

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @YunJ,

I also experienced this. I thought I installed the Power BI incorrectly so I uninstalled,

redownloaded the file and installed it again.

Now it works fine.

Hope this helps.

I tried but still failed...:(

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.