Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zhihai
Employee
Employee

Show different columns/values in a matrix based on the date measurement on relative date slicer

Hello team,

My need is, when relative date measurement is selected as "Week", I want to show aggregation column as Week(no month shown), and value as Week-over-week trend(WowTrend in the screenshot) and no Month-over-month trend(MomTrend in the screenshot) value shown. And when relative date measurement is selected as "Month", I need to show aggregation column as Month(no week), and value as Month-over-month trend and no week-over-week trend value. Is it do-able? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 6.20.55 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks again @amitchandak ! These references are very help to create dynamic columns, I think bookmark button are a decent solution:

- I need to create a "week" button and a "month" button, and relates their actions to some bookmark

- User has to click "week"/"month" button aside from clicking from the date measurement dropdown menu in the date range slicer to see the updated visual.

To make user experience more smooth, I want to reduce 2 clicks to 1 click:

- Is there a way to associate the click of the dropdown in date range slicer with the action to show a bookmark?

- Is there a way to know the value(Weeks/Months) that user selected in the dropdown list in date range slicer?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your prompt reply @amitchandak ! My issue is not for calculation of WoW or MoM trend, it is how to switch the trend value, and the matrix column based on the relative date period. In other words, if user choose relative week in date slicer, the matrix aggregates on week(the data has week num column), if user choose relative month, the matrix aggregates on month(The data has month column). I showed a screenshot of what I wanna to acheive.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 8.02.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-24 at 8.06.22 PM.png

Red arrow shows the pair of week aggregation, and green arrow shows the pair of month aggregation as below. If relative date slicer is in week, then only red pair shows, and if relative date slicer is in month, then only green pair shows.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 8.11.57 PM.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.