Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jithinrg
Helper I
Helper I

Show data from different tables in a drill through page based on a slicer selection from main page

Team,

I have a data model with 3 tables: 

1 master, 2 fact tables (star schema)

Data model -> 1 to * from master to both fact tables (single direction) connected via employee id in all three tables.

There are 3 pages in the report.

Main page show a summary of all employees with their sales details (it's a leadership view) table with some slicers.

Second page is the individual details page (like a employee portfolio) of each employees based on slicer selection or RLS.

Third page is a detailed view (drill thorugh) of 2nd page with tables having more columns.

Scenario:

There is a slicer in 2nd page which is having "Yes" / "No" option. (also in main page)

If we select "Yes", we have to display a table visual with some columns from 1 fact table and a measure value (which is sum of sales value)

If "No", display another table visual with some columns from 2nd fact table and a measure value (which is sum of sales value).

Do not show both tables in the page. It should display based on the slicer value we selected.

To summarize, employee details are present in both fact tables. Based on the slicer selection we have to show data from the respective fact tables.

Also it would be great if we select the slicer from main page and drill through page also show the above requirement.

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks @amitchandak . The video shows navigation to different pages.

My scenario is to show tables based on the slicer selection in same page (or slicer selection from the main page.)

like bookmarking...if the slicer selection is yes, show this table, else another table..is it possible?

Hi @jithinrg 

for your scenario Yes / No button with bookmark is good. 

Ref - https://www.aerieconsulting.com/blog/how-to-hide-and-show-visuals-in-power-bi

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.