Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mhorn30
Frequent Visitor

Show data based on a field in another table

I have two tables: Visits and Page Views.

A Visit can have 1 or more Page Views.

A Page View is only linked to 1 Visit.

The tables are linked via a VisitKey.

A Visit will automatially log the "Entry Page" that brough the visitor to the website. (I.e. the table Visist has a column "Entry Page")

A Page View can have two types, "Page" or "Form". (I.e. the table "Page View" as a column "Type")

For every Page View that is Type=Form, I want to find the "Entry Page" as per the Visit.

How can I achieve this? (I know how to do this in SQL, but no idea how to translate this to DAX or to filters in Power BI)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you.

It was a data issue in the end. The data in the primary key column between the two tables weren't correct/did not match-up and that is why the filtering did not work.

The filtering and graphs now work as expected.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @mhorn30 ,

More details will be much helpful.

If it is convenient, could you share the data sample which could reproduce your scenario and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.

It was a data issue in the end. The data in the primary key column between the two tables weren't correct/did not match-up and that is why the filtering did not work.

The filtering and graphs now work as expected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.