Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show changed data between dates

Hi Power BI users,

Im struggling to find a solution to my current issue. I don't quite know how to search for such a task, therefore I hope someone here can push me into the right direction!

What do I want?:

I want to be able to show the changed data between 2 filtered (slicer) periods.

Example:

Year:            Customers:          Costs:       Provision:

Dec-2017      337                     2.5k           12k

Sep-2018      340                     2.1k           13k

I want to be able to see what customer changes happened (who got in/who left) by displaying their customer details.

Morever I would like to find out what happened to the change in cost and provision.. Did some customers start paying more over the month? Did they add another product to their bundle/remove a product, that led to the change of costs/provision? I'd like to go into detail. 

If you need any other information, please let me know. I'm having difficulties explaining my issue, so I understand if you need more.

I'd love to hear from you and hopefully you can push me into the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Daniël      

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

You may take a look at the following post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Comparing-a-month-to-it-s-relative-previous-month-in-a-table/m-p/405801#M185788

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Does the information that you provided represent sample source data or what you are trying to achieve? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you kindly for sharing that link.

The information I posted is sample data, but closely resembles the data I use. Unfortunately I'm not able to go deeper into the actual data in my tables, due to privacy reasons.

I currently have 3 linked tables being Date - customer - insurance. 

With Date and Customer being linked 1-* to insurance.

Each row in the customer table resembles a unique customer. They have their own customer_number that I use to calculate (sum) the total amount of customers. 

I can then combine the customer data with the insurance data to see how many products they 'have'. Each row in table Insurance resembles 1 product, bought by 1 customer. Each product has it's own price listed at the end of the table, which I use to calculate the revenue (Sort off)

The sample data I provided was a simple data filter, combined with sum(customers), sum(revenue) from tables customer and insurance.

However I would like to see what actual data has changed between 2 (or more) given dates. Which customers left / joined (customer_number) and what kind off changes happened to the revenue.

The product prices can change monthly due to customers adding insurances to their package and/or the prices can change on a monthly base due to company policy. I'd like to get insight as to what type of price changes happened during the given period.

If this is in any way possible I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Daniël

Did you ever find a solution? I am have a similar issue as well with customers increasing coverage amounts which as a result increases price.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.