Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show avaible fields in The Slicer

Hi All!

What I am trying to do is the following. Example:

"If I have selected  "Eurpe" in the  region  slicer, in the country slicer I only want to see the countries for Europe not all the possible countries"

I have the following Data Model (pic 1) with "Single Cross filter direction" due to is impossible to use both becasue I have like 4 Fact Table that uses the same Dimension Tables.

Any idea? 

I came form Qlik so I find this topic difficult to solve here, in qlik I used ti use "bridge tables" I dont know if this concept applies here too

Thanks for allCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

The below article by @AlbertoFerrari will explain how to use filters is slicers to achieve what you need.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/syncing-slicers-in-power-bi/

However if you have one dimension containing both Region and Country it should happen anyway, its worth considering merging all regional tables in to one dimension.

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

The below article by @AlbertoFerrari will explain how to use filters is slicers to achieve what you need.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/syncing-slicers-in-power-bi/

However if you have one dimension containing both Region and Country it should happen anyway, its worth considering merging all regional tables in to one dimension.

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the fast response looks like this is what I was looking for

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.