Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SebastianLM
Helper I
Helper I

Show and hide R visual

Hello guys,

I need to dynamically show and hide differents R visuals based on the selection in one slicer. I'm looking for a way to chage the dimensions (width and height), the position, or just make on R visual completelly transparent.

Anyone of you did this before?

Thanks in adavenced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @v-shex-msft and thaks for your support, I'm out of time now and I kinda solve my problem creating differente visuals , using bookmarks unckecking the data option and with different buttons triggering those bookmarks. Anyway I'd try your suggestion for a v2 of my model.

Thanks to all! 

Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SebastianLM,

In my opinion, you can try to write a measure to check selected value and return tag.

Then drag this measure to visual level filter to R visual, use advanced filter mode with tag value to control display status of records in R visual.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-shex-msft and thanks for your reply,

I created the tag measure and put it in to the visual level filter, but I'm not sure what do you mean with "advanced filter mode with tag value to control display status of records in R visual". Could you please explain me this a lil bit more?

Hi @SebastianLM,

You can write measure with dax function to create variable to stored selected value form slicer. Add if statement to check selected value, if matched to condition, return 'Y', other return 'N'.

After above steps, drag this measure to visual level filter of R visual.

Switch filter mode to 'is', filter item to 'Y'. Then you can use slicer to control R visual display or not display records.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-shex-msft and thaks for your support, I'm out of time now and I kinda solve my problem creating differente visuals , using bookmarks unckecking the data option and with different buttons triggering those bookmarks. Anyway I'd try your suggestion for a v2 of my model.

Thanks to all! 

Smiley Very Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.