Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show and Hide legend/value in a line visual

Hello, 

I have a line visual that I want to show three values (Actual, Budget, LY Actual) to compare the trends. These values are all calcluated measures.

However, I want to be able to choose which lines I am comparing, lets say I want to either compare Actual vs Budget or Actual vs LY. Therefore only showing only two lines at any given time, how would I do this without having to create two different visuals and using book marks?

I have other book marks on the page and couldnt get them to interact correctly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for your answer. I found this solution to work but been busy working away and forgot to update: show or hide measures using slicer 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ALLUREAN
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, @Anonymous 

Probably you need to create a switch measure between Actual, Budget and LY and use it instead of the 3 measures)

1. Create a simple table with three Values: Actual, Budget, LastYear e.g. SwitchTable and column name Type

SwitchMeasure =

SWITCH(TRUE(),
SELECTEDVALUE(SwitchTable[Type] = "Actual", [ActualMeasure],

SELECTEDVALUE(SwitchTable[Type] = "Budget", [BudgetMeasure],

SELECTEDVALUE(SwitchTable[Type] = "LastYear", [LastYearMeasure]

)

3. Use Type as slicer and on X-Axis

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

https://allure-analytics.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCndD_QZVNB_JWYLEmP6KrpA
https://www.linkedin.com/company/77757292/

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

These dont have a column value associated. My data looks something like this:

Week EndingCustomerActual Budget
20/01/2020A100120
20/02/2020B3020
20/01/2021C4035

My Measures:

Actual: Calculate(SUM(Actual), Filter(All[DateTable], Date[Year] = SELECTEDVALUE(Date[Year] ))) 
Budget: Calculate(SUM(Budget), Filter(All[DateTable], Date[Year] = SELECTEDVALUE(Date[Year] ))) 
LY Actual: Calculate(SUM(Actual), Filter(All[DateTable], Date[Year] = SELECTEDVALUE(Date[Year]  - 1))) 

I then drag these into the visuals, now I am stuck on how I can even create a slicer for them 😞

Hi, @Anonymous 

m_Actual1 = IF("Actual" in VALUES(Table2[Measure]),sum('Table'[Actual]),BLANK()) 
m_Budget2 = IF("Budget" in VALUES(Table2[Measure]),sum('Table'[Budget]),BLANK()) 

Please check my attatched sample file for more information.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi, @Anonymous 

I'm a little confused about the measures you provided. Do you need to calculate each indicator by year?

Please test if @ALLUREAN ‘s method works for you.

You can also refer to this document to implement dynamic measure/axis.

Dynamic EVERYTHING (measures, axis, legend, titles, chart types) 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for your answer. I found this solution to work but been busy working away and forgot to update: show or hide measures using slicer 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.