Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rapaille
Frequent Visitor

Show all values in chart and not a sum

Hello,

I want to create a column chart with test data. Sometimes there are more tests on same date and I want to show them all. I cannot find this option.

Who can help me?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Hans

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Rapaille ;

You could add index column in power query .

vyalanwumsft_0-1663554029360.png

Then add index column in clustered column chart's x-axis.

vyalanwumsft_1-1663554150444.png

The final show:

vyalanwumsft_2-1663554300717.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Rapaille ;

I came up with a method that adds a grouped index and turns them into 10^index; replace with n blank bits.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUbI0ABH6hib6RgZGRkqxOhBhM+zC5qYQYVNUYQs04VgA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [ID = _t, Score = _t, #"Publish Date" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"ID", Int64.Type}, {"Score", Int64.Type}, {"Publish Date", type date}}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"Publish Date"}, {{"all", each Table.AddIndexColumn(_, "Index", 1, 1, Int64.Type), type table }}),
    #"Expanded all" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "all", {"ID", "Score", "Index"}, {"ID", "Score", "Index"}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Expanded all", "Custom", each Number.Power(10,[Index])),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Index"}),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Columns",{{"Custom", type text}}),
    #"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type1","1","a",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Custom"}),
    #"Replaced Value1" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Replaced Value","0","b",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Custom"}),
    #"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Replaced Value1", "Custom.1", each [Custom]&Text.From([Publish Date])),
    #"Replaced Value2" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Added Custom1","a"," ",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Custom.1"}),
    #"Replaced Value3" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Replaced Value2","b"," ",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Custom.1"}),
    #"Removed Columns1" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Replaced Value3",{"Custom"})
in
    #"Removed Columns1"

the final show:

vyalanwumsft_0-1663579102763.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Rapaille ;

You could add index column in power query .

vyalanwumsft_0-1663554029360.png

Then add index column in clustered column chart's x-axis.

vyalanwumsft_1-1663554150444.png

The final show:

vyalanwumsft_2-1663554300717.png

Best Regards,

Thank you very much for your help. This is my solution. 

One additional question: the index number is now visible in the graph. Is it possible to hide the index # and still have the date visible?

Rapaille_0-1663572998352.png

Rapaille
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your answer. When I do so, the chart does not recognize and show any values.

thomthom_uk
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

EDIT:

I overlooked one simple solution. There is a don't summarize option in the column tools too:

thomthom_uk_1-1663315383352.png

Make sure the related visual doesn't sum up the values too. If that doesn't work, use the below method.

Click on the column, and under column tools, change the data type to 'text'.

thomthom_uk_0-1663315054180.png

If your value column is linked to sum measures or calculations, create a new column in the table, with the following formula:

text_column_name = CONVERT([table.value_column_name],STRING)

Thank you for your answer. When I do so, the chart does not recognize and show any values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.