Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show all months even if no values

Hi 

I need to show a matrix table with 12 months for each customer. In rows I have MMM-YY from my Calendar table and as values I have different measures representing realised revenue, cost and so on. 

The problem: If there is no values for for my measures for a given customer-month combination I get no row. What I want to accomplish is a blank row instead. I am not interested in showing customers, when there is no values only MMM-YY. I am open for any suggestion, but I prefer to do it in DAX and I don't want to manipulate my input table with new rows.

MonthMeasure
What I haveCustomer 1Feb/2010
 Customer 1Apr/2020

What I wantCustomer 1Jul/19 
 Customer 1Aug/19 
 Customer 1Sep/19 
 Customer 1Oct/19 
 Customer 1Nov/19 
 Customer 1Dec/19 
 Customer 1Jan/20 
 Customer 1Feb/2010
 Customer 1Mar/20 
 Customer 1Apr/2020
 Customer 1May/20 
 Customer 1Jun/20 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can create a measure like this. You may need to modify as per requirement. Below will return -1 if month is less than 12 the current month else value. Then filter records with -1 in your Visual filter pane for matrix and show row with no data for blanks.

Let me know if this resolves it or share your pbix file.

Measure 4 = if(DATEDIFF(max(Data[Date]),now(),MONTH) > 12,-1,sum(Data[Salary1]))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AnkitBI
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Have you tried Show "Items with No Data" for Customer field. This should work based on your issue description.

Thanks
Ankit Jain
Do Mark it as solution if the response resolved your problem. Do like the response if it seems good and helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ankit

Thanks, but It is not really helping since it will show me all months in the Calendar table. I only want the 12 months and ALL 12 months, as in the example. 

Can create a measure like this. You may need to modify as per requirement. Below will return -1 if month is less than 12 the current month else value. Then filter records with -1 in your Visual filter pane for matrix and show row with no data for blanks.

Let me know if this resolves it or share your pbix file.

Measure 4 = if(DATEDIFF(max(Data[Date]),now(),MONTH) > 12,-1,sum(Data[Salary1]))
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.. I need to do some more tweaks, but I can work with this idea. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors