Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show all items in table when entire stacked column is selected

Hi All 

When I select an entire column in a stacked bar chart (ie, all the items in a month), the filtered result in a table only shows the first value selected even though there are multiple items in this selection. Also, regardless of which item a the stacked bar is selected, only the first item in the stacked column is displayed, this is both in the tooltip and the table. 

Example: all items in one month are selected by one chart and are highlighted in the second, only one item shows up in the linked table (the first item in the list). 

items per monthitems per month

distribution of items per month over timedistribution of items per month over time

Im trying to show all items from the stacked column in a table when it is selected. 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, 

@v-xuding-msft  and @amitchandak, thanks for the help but not exactly what im looking for. When I add a table to the page without any selections all of the items show up, as they should. When the selection is made as above in the charts I was expecting the table to be filtered to all of the items in the month that are selected, instead only the first item from the month that is selected shows up. 

All items for all months (the card showing the first item on the list) 

table no selection.png

Also, I get the same result regardless of which section of the stacked column is selected, here I was expecting the corresponding item to be shown that relates to the item selected in the stacked bar chart. 

table one selection.png

Thanks in advance! 

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I also think you are talking about editing interactions. You could reference the document: Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report to learn more details.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You have a filter and fill options in interactions. I think you are looking for filter . Select the first chart and then use the option

Interactions.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.