Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show all items in table visual from related data tables where not all items are related.

Hello everyone,

To simplify the problem, suppose I have one table with distinct items that is connect with several tables with duplicate items:

Distinct ItemItem Family
A

Family 1

BFamily 2
CFamily 3

ItemSupplier
Item AS1
Item AS2
Item BS1

ItemWarehouse
Item CW1
Item BW2
Item BW3

When I create any kind of relationship between this tables (one to one, one to many, many to many) and display them on a table visual, only the items in common with the 3 tables will be displayed.

ItemFamilySupplierWarehouse
Item BFamily 2S1W2
Item BFamily 2S1W3

How do I make all the items from the distinct item table appear, showing blank cells where there is information missing?

In order to not duplicate the rows of the table visual, how can I make a measure that outputs in a single string a list of items?

Like so 

ItemFamilySupplierWarehouse
Item BFamily 2S1W2, W3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Assuming table A also have name like Item A, Item B etc else create a new column

new item = "item " & [item]

Create new columns in table 1

supplier = concatenatex(filter(table2,table1[item]=table2[item]),table2[Supplier])
Warehouse = concatenatex(filter(table3,table1[item]=table2[item]),table3[Warehouse])

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Assuming table A also have name like Item A, Item B etc else create a new column

new item = "item " & [item]

Create new columns in table 1

supplier = concatenatex(filter(table2,table1[item]=table2[item]),table2[Supplier])
Warehouse = concatenatex(filter(table3,table1[item]=table2[item]),table3[Warehouse])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.