Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shpongle
Helper III
Helper III

Show all columns for aging report

Hi - I've been banging my head on this one for a bit - made some headway thanks to posts on this forum but now I'm stuck again.

I am trying to create a column chart that shows ticket aging for all open tickets.

It should look similar to this:

Show all date ranges.png

I used the following to calculate  an aging column:

PSM_Aging = IF(TODAY()-'SR_Service'[Date_Entered]<=1,
"0-1 day",
IF(TODAY()-'SR_Service'[Date_Entered]<=5,
"1-5 days",
IF(TODAY()-'SR_Service'[Date_Entered]<=10,
"6-10 days",
IF(TODAY()-'SR_Service'[Date_Entered]<=30,
"11 - 30 days",
"31+ days")
)
)
)

And of course I can now easily create a report that shows the columns... IF there are tickets that have those values. If they don't have any tickets in a specific category then of course they don't show up on the report.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction so I can always have a report with all five columns, regardless if the count of tickets for any of the categories is 0?

THANKS

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shpongle 

You can just create a new table as below and manage the relationship with PSM_Aging column:

Capture.PNG

0.PNG

Then add the column1 as Xaxis and show items with no data:

1.PNG

Pbix attached for your ease.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

This is perfect. It's simple, and I was able to manage the sort order of the columns as well by adding another column to the table with a ranking of 1 - 5 to use for sorting, then I set the sort order on "Column1" to be the ranking column. This way when the columns came up on a visual, they were sorted in the order that I wanted them.

Thanks for your help, @v-diye-msft! You nailed it on the head.

Regards,

Mitch 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.