Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vickyprudhvi
Helper IV
Helper IV

Show Today's date on Dashboard

Hi,

I am trying to see if I can display today's date on the dashboard. I know there is a way to do it when we import data into Power Bi desktop by creating new table and writing DAX function, which I was able to achieve but I am looking for a way to achieve this when we use live connection mode.

Thank you for ur help , guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cwayne758
Helper IV
Helper IV

use Now() function for a Measure.

Display the measure as a notecard like below.

=Now()=Now()

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the same formula to show Today's date on dashboard but it shows date & time as well. I don't want time to be showcase on dashboard, I just need today's date.

Can you guide me?

Hi @Anonymous , 

You can change the format in the measure tools. 

Click on the measure you have created and change the format to view only date. 

kritikagrawal_1-1615467690259.png

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@vickyprudhvi I don't think there is any way to achieve this in Power BI Online but same can be achieved in Desktop Tool as explained by @cwayne758

Another way is, unless & until if you are connecting to SSAS Tabular live model then you can create a measure in tabular model and achieve the same by pinning tile to dashboard.

I have been using =Today() function in tabular model but I am looking if there is anyother way to do it.

Anyways thank you for ur suggestions

cwayne758
Helper IV
Helper IV

use Now() function for a Measure.

Display the measure as a notecard like below.

=Now()=Now()

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.