cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilcaa72 Member

Show Table in Report, not summarize

I want to show a table in my report and was wondering what is the most efficient way to do this?

can I drag and entire table to the "table visual"?  when i start selecting column within a table vizsualization, it summarizes the values...  i see how i can select each values properties and select "Don't summarize" but it quite annoying to do this to each column..

is there a more efficient way to show a table in report without items being summarized to begin?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Show Table in Report, not summarize

You could set the default summarization to "Do not summarize" in the Modeling area. 

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

ilcaa72 Member

but that is still on a column by column basis, correct?

i assume everything was summarized because the columns were all numbers.  i assume if i had a string column and selected that first, the rest of the table would come in individual not summarized

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ilcaa72

@ilcaa72 wrote:

but that is still on a column by column basis, correct?

i assume everything was summarized because the columns were all numbers.  i assume if i had a string column and selected that first, the rest of the table would come in individual not summarized

You may need to change default Summaization for each column with number type.

By my test, if you select the column with String type first, the rest column with number type will still be default summarized.

If you have changed the default Summaization of the column with number type to Don't smmarized, it won't be summarized when you drag it to table visualization.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,944)