Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bernate
Helper I
Helper I

Show Same Value in Every Row

Hello all, 

I am trying to make a pareto chart and am running into issues on the last step. I need to divide Distinct Running Sum Categ/Distinct Total Sum Categ to get the Cumulative %. The pareto should end at 100% but it goes to 102% because the numerator values are larger than the denominator. 

bernate_1-1668548178478.png

I need every row value in Distinct Total Sum Categ to be 766, same as the grand total value in the Distinct Sum Categ or the final value in the Distinct Running Sum Categ. The current formula I have for Distinct Total Sum Categ is:

Distinct Total Sum Categ = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table'[Column]),ALLSELECTED())

Is there a way to write a measure where I just take the grand total or max running sum value of 766 to use in my cumulative % calculation? I tried MAXX but it didn't give me the results I needed. 

Or maybe there's a way to change my Cumulative % formula so that the denominator can automatically be 766? This will have to change dynamically as the values in the rest of the table change. The current formula is this.
Distinct Cummulative Categ % = [Distinct Running Sum Categ]/[Distinct Total Sum Categ]

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bernate
Helper I
Helper I

Update- found a solution. This is the formula I used 

= CALCULATE(SUMX(VALUES('Table'[Column]),[Distinct Sum Categ]),ALLSELECTED())

I don't know if I explained it well enough in the initial question but I had a few filter fields to take into account as well as a date slicer and another category slicer. That made it tricky to write the formula to get the exact numbers I was looking for but it seems that ALLSELECTED takes those filters into account and I used a different measure for the expression field in SUMX. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bernate
Helper I
Helper I

Update- found a solution. This is the formula I used 

= CALCULATE(SUMX(VALUES('Table'[Column]),[Distinct Sum Categ]),ALLSELECTED())

I don't know if I explained it well enough in the initial question but I had a few filter fields to take into account as well as a date slicer and another category slicer. That made it tricky to write the formula to get the exact numbers I was looking for but it seems that ALLSELECTED takes those filters into account and I used a different measure for the expression field in SUMX. 
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the download link of your PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.