Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show Red or green light kpi visualization after latest reading

Hi,

I have different ID showing different temperatures for a day. These temperatures vary,

But I have created latestreading formula that gives me both a true / false and a 0/1, if the temperature is 5 or higher it gives me true or 1 if it is lower it gives false or 0. I have just created calculated columns, but maybe a measure can do the trick as well.

Made two calculaed columns, because I don't know which one we can be easiest to use for what I want to do.

Capture.PNG

Latest reading is my first calculated column and gives me true or false, and test is the other one which gives me 0 or 1.

Again maybe a measure can do the trick I want to show, but then I need help to set up the measure as well! 

I'm trying to make an alarm, which I will make either as green as the value is 5 or higher, or red if it is below out of my latest reading calculation.

I will not put this in the table with condiotal formatting, but as a kpi. Maybe I can use the advance card? Kpi Card? Or other options like switch, I'm open to everything and can use whatever you suggest.

Capture.PNG

Here you see a example, if the latest reading is 5 or above for a spesific ID i choose, give me green circle, if its less, turn this green circkel to red.

Thank you very much in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please follow the link

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-create-traffic-lights-in-table/m-p/451574#M209112

Follow the idea given by Steve Campbell, to create a measure called Traffic Light visual.

Place this measure on a card visual and in the formatting pane of Datalables - Color click on double dot button on the right of colurs to create a conditional formatting based on the  Temperature column of your data table. 

This will work

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @CheenuSing 

I am not going to use this in a table, I want to use it in a card or something similar. 

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @Anonymous ,

Could you please share your pbix file to us? At least the sample data with csv or xml.

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @TeigeGao 

How do I Upload the pbix file? 

You can share it via Onedrive

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1018-Yl8DukQdXyzZqRh2CY80L
@TeigeGao @CheenuSing 
Hi here is the pbix file. 

If the temprature is 14 or above give me green light, if the temprature is 14 or below give me red light. According to wich ID i choose. 

But only the latest reading, 

If the temprature of example ID 2 is 10 for today give me red light, If i choose Example ID 4 and its 15 then the light is Green. 

Let the default color be WHITE if i dont choose any ID. When I choose one it gives me red or green, according to the latest reading value. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeigeGao @CheenuSing 

Did you get it???

Hi @Anonymous 

Please check the attached pbix.

Note the creation of the measures MaxTemp and Showlight.

Check the 2 card visuals created - ShowLight and MaxTemp.

Against each of these card visuals check the formatting pane Datalabels--> Colours and the conditional formatting used.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Anyone has a solution to this??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.