Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show Name & Image based on a measure

Hi all,

I got the following problem which got me stuck.

I was playing around with some FIFA-data. I got a CSV-file with all the FIFA-data.
What I wanted to do is create a measure which gives me for example the best goalkeeper based on the OverallRating. The measure worked which I got working with a TopN-function. In the data is also a URL with the picture of the players. What I want to do, is (besides showing the name of the player) show the picture belonging to that player based on the measure, but that doesn't work. I want to show them side by side. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or maybe is the RANK-function a better one?

Another question that I have is for example when I need the three best defenders for example, how can i get a measure which gives me the best defender, the 2nd best defender, the 3 best defender etc. I hope someone can help!

Thanks in advance.
Here is a link to the dataset.
https://github.com/kafagy/fifa-FUT-Data/blob/master/FutBinCards19.csv

4 REPLIES 4
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

There is a good visual to show your Player and scores side by side, link below.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381278?tab=Overview

To get your top 3 defenders, you can use rankx topn as you did with goalkeeper.

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mariusz,

thanks for your quick reply.

What I actually want is something like in the attached picture, but then with the image of the player besides the name.

Also now I made several measures for the best goalkeeper, the best right central defender, the best left central defender etc. I would like to create a new calculated column in the dataset with maybe just the setting of goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, forward or something like that. But offcourse I don't want a measure that gives me the best player each time, because then it gives me the same player for all midfield positions. Because of that I want a measure that can give me the 2nd best player etc. When I use TopN (1) it gives me the best player, but TopN (2) gives me the 2 best players, but I then only want the 2nd one selected.

I hope this is clear to you.

FIFA.PNG

Hi @Anonymous 

I don't know if there is a custom visual in the store that meets your requirements, however you could try https://okviz.com/synoptic-panel/ this is a visual that allows to create your own shapes and highlight specific parts of them, I don't know if you can embed url pictures on it.

Ref to calculated column, what would be your cryteria for that column?

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the Dataset I linked to the positions are more distinct.

But I have another dataset in which for example you have a CB (Central Back), a RCB (Right Central Back) and a LCB (Left Center Back). In the calculated column I want them all to be a Central Back and then I can pick the 2 of 3 best Central Backs.

The same counts for midfielders, because in my other dataset therre CM, LCM,RCM and for the front players i got RS (Right Striker), RF (Right Forward) which I want to put together.
In the dataset I attached for example there is a ST (Striker) and a CF ( Central Forward) which are the same in my opinion. So the Calculated Column should be to combine some positions into one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.