Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhmiller89
Helper V
Helper V

Show Most Recent Date

I have a columns: Organization |NoteDate|Note

I need to write a measure that will display the most recent NoteDate for each Organization.  Each Organization has thousands upon thousands of notes listed 

Any point in the right direction is appreciated. I tried playing around with LASTDATE and MAX with no luck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BetterCallFrank
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

1) create a measure MaxNoteDate = Max( Table[NoteDate] ) (or select default summarization = "MAX" for this column or select it in the visual)

2) create a table visualisation and put Organization on columns

3) put measure from 1) on the visual

that should be it...?

what's the problem with what you've got so far? can you show us some screenshots with your hurdles?

HTH,

Frank

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kiwidoc

Thanks for that, I had the same issue.

I'm a bit of a newbie.

When I then go to put in the value of last record it still displays all records. I want to see only the most recent result.

Below is the column witht he most recent date (First column is a patient identifier its in half. Its not identifiable but best keep these things safe!) Next it is what happens when I grag the measure I'm interested in to the visualisation. Lots of records and not showing just the most recent

Most recent no valuesMost recent no valuesMost recent with valuesMost recent with values

BetterCallFrank
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

1) create a measure MaxNoteDate = Max( Table[NoteDate] ) (or select default summarization = "MAX" for this column or select it in the visual)

2) create a table visualisation and put Organization on columns

3) put measure from 1) on the visual

that should be it...?

what's the problem with what you've got so far? can you show us some screenshots with your hurdles?

HTH,

Frank

Well that was embarrassingly simple.  I was overcomplicating it for sure

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.