Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MaksimRichards

Show Lowest Valued thing in a Card

Hi there,

I have a table with a "Person" Column and next to them a value for their "Total Pay". I would like to show the person who has the lowest pay on a card within a report or dashboard. How would one go about finding the lowest value in "Total Pay" and then print the "Person"'s name on the card?

Thank you in advance,
Maksim Richards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@MaksimRichards

Since you want to display the person with lowest value in the card, we can't directly get the name text via calcualted measure. For your requrement, I suggest you create another calculated table which only filters the lowest person row.

Lowest Pay = TOPN(1,Table9,Table9[Total Pay],ASC)

Capture222.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@MaksimRichards

Since you want to display the person with lowest value in the card, we can't directly get the name text via calcualted measure. For your requrement, I suggest you create another calculated table which only filters the lowest person row.

Lowest Pay = TOPN(1,Table9,Table9[Total Pay],ASC)

Capture222.PNG

Regards,

Thank you so much, that worked brilliantly.

Thanks,

Maksim

@MaksimRichards

Since you only need to the lowest pay user appear on grand total level, we can achieve it via calculated measure. Sorry for the mistake in my previous post. Please refer to formula below:

Lowest Pay User = CALCULATE(VALUES(Table9[Name]),FILTER(Table9,Table9[Total Pay]=MIN(Table9[Total Pay])))

Capture345.PNG

Regards,

You could use firstnonblank to find the lowest paid person, and then use that to extract their name in a measure. 

Read my blog from last week here  http://exceleratorbi.com.au/lastnonblank-explained/

you  will need something like this

Lowest paid :=
CALCULATE (
If(hasonevalue(data[name]),Values(Data[name])),
FIRSTNONBLANK ( data[Salary], 1 ) )
)

It depends on your data model of course

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.