Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show /Hide two overlapped visuals based on slicer selection

Hello Community , 

I have two visuals on top of each other (overlapped) : one is line chart (visual displayed by default) and the other is clustred column chart
I would like to display the clustred column chart visual when I select one of the first three slicer values
and the visual line chart for the fourth slicer
so it displays one and disappears the other

how I can do it with the dax language
Thanks a lot

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Please check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Thanks,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !! PL 300 Certification Series

View solution in original post

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

not using a slicer, you will a woraround using buttons: 

1) create two visual bottons lets say for example "on" and "off"

2) create the 2 visuals and overlap them in the position they going

3) open the selection tab, bookmark tap

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1664130941318.png

them create 2 bookmarks, hide the 1 visual and 1 botton, create a bookmark with it int ehe given condiitons and effects you want, them create a second bookmark with the contrary hide/show visuals botton icon

them assing a bookmark to each botton and when clicked there you go the visual changes, 

Note: this workaround if used for tons of visual will affect the report page performance. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

not using a slicer, you will a woraround using buttons: 

1) create two visual bottons lets say for example "on" and "off"

2) create the 2 visuals and overlap them in the position they going

3) open the selection tab, bookmark tap

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1664130941318.png

them create 2 bookmarks, hide the 1 visual and 1 botton, create a bookmark with it int ehe given condiitons and effects you want, them create a second bookmark with the contrary hide/show visuals botton icon

them assing a bookmark to each botton and when clicked there you go the visual changes, 

Note: this workaround if used for tons of visual will affect the report page performance. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Please check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Thanks,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !! PL 300 Certification Series

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.