Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kpavan999
Frequent Visitor

Show/Hide a set of columns based on slicer/flag

Dear Experts,

before posting this question, I did go through existing topics but I couldnt find any relavent solution hence posting it here now.

I have a req to build a report with ~100 columns, can we have a slicer(y/n), when its selected as Y then show all columns, if selected N then show only a few columns(which i can define what columns to show)

In simple terms, I have columns A,B,C,D,E

My slicer would be

"Display All columns?"

Y

N

If selected N

output should be A,B,D

If selected Y

output should be A,B,C,D,E

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kpavan999 , if this just Y and N (for set 1 columns vs set 2 columns). you can use a bookmark. But if is based on 100 columns Y and N for each one then it bit difficult.

There is a solution for Direct Query for that without using a bookmark.

https://datamonkeysite.com/2020/10/22/change-dimension-dynamically-using-parameter-in-powerbi/

Thats correct, but I have got multiple such combinations so i need to create diff buttons for each of that combination. 

Is there a way where by selecting slicer, the bookmark button too changes to that respective page?

Lets say, if i select my slicer as Y the button should go to "sheet1" if its N then it should navigate to "sheet2"?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.