Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michellepace
Resolver III
Resolver III

Show GRAND total and hide sub total on on "un stacked" matrix

Hi there,

PowerBi File: https://www.michellepace.com/PowerBi/AdventureWorks.pbix

I'm still working my way through the 101 manual of PowerBi. I'm using an unstacked matrix. When I switch off "Row subtotals" my GRAND TOTAL also dissapears. This seems only to be the case on an unstacked matrix.

Question: Does anyone know how to keep "Row subtotals" off but still retain the GRAND Total? Or perhaps do I need to use a measure of sorts?Picture.png

Many thanks
Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about that, I totally misread the question!

I think I was able to get what you are looking for by: Format tab>Subtotals>Per row level> On>Subcategory/Name>Off

Solution.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @michellepace ,

I think you should be able to achieve the layout you want by clicking: the Format tab>subtotals>row subtotals>off.

Thanks,

Caleb Foster

Hi Caleb, thanks for your reply. Can you please try this for yourself with the datafile I attached? As mentioned, I have already done this but the grand total row disappears. Are you able to achieve the result I need with your suggestion? I hope I am just doing something wrong...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about that, I totally misread the question!

I think I was able to get what you are looking for by: Format tab>Subtotals>Per row level> On>Subcategory/Name>Off

Solution.png

Thank you Caleb, it's exactly what I want! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors