Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JOKA
Advocate I
Advocate I

Show Full Quarters when I have daily data

Hi!

I´m new to dax and I believe this problem may be very basic but I can´t figure it out. I have a Date table with financial year columns: Financial Year / Quarter  /Month. The financial year starts in July and ends in June.

Now I need to create a quarterly analysis report where I need show information only if the quarter is full. I mean if I have data until october 2018 in my fact table, then the full quarter is Q1-2018 (July-August-September) and I have to leave october data out.

How can I solve this?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Complete Qtr = if(DATEDIFF(Dates[Date],TODAY(),QUARTER)  >=3,"True","False")

Create a column like that.

In case you do want show Sep. As it is half, we need to get last month-end date

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In your calculate (formula) use distinctcount of month_year and it should be =3. 

Or can you share some sample formula or data

This is my date table (image below). I added a column named "DateWithData" that I use to indicate the last month with data in my fact table (Revenue). Now I am trying to add a new column where it says True if the quarter is full or False if the quarter is not full yet. In this case Q2/2019 in "FiscalQtrYear" is not full because I have data until october and it ends in december.

imagen.png

May be there´s a simple way to do the same, I just need to show complete quaters in my visualizations and slicers.

Now I am getting this in my report:

Imagen1.png

But the problem is that Q2 has data for only 1 month (october), so I don´t want to see it in my slicer. I only want to see completed quarters, meaning there´s data for the three months of the quarter. The fact table is loaded when all data for one month is available, so I always have data for the whole month.  

Complete Qtr = if(DATEDIFF(Dates[Date],TODAY(),QUARTER)  >=3,"True","False")

Create a column like that.

In case you do want show Sep. As it is half, we need to get last month-end date

Thank you so much for your help @amitchandak !!!

Now it works:

Imagen3.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.