Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SStough
Frequent Visitor

Show Data bug when the first column is a URL

The Show Data view of a Power BI table is displaying the entire comma-separated value list as a hyperlink. This is causing all of the columns following the URL to be sent as invalid query string values. This does not happen if the URL is not in the first column. The URL displays correctly in the Table visual, but the issue only exists on the Show Data comma separated view with or without the URL icon setting. I am using the SQL Analysis Services tabular model with a live connection and the URL field is coming in as a string value from the DB.

Does anyone know a better fix than moving the URL out of column 1? 

URL Screenshot.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SStough ,

The issue had been fixed. Please have a try. Hope it is working perfectly on your side.😉

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SStough ,

Sorry for that, but we cannot reproduce this on my side, could you please try to reproduce it with the latest version of Power BI Desktop?

9.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the reply. I just downloaded the latest (January 2020) version and retested using a .CSV import and I am seeing the same bug. I included the steps below in case you want to take another look.

1. Create .CSV file with a few text columns. One column will need to contain a valid URL.
2. Import .CSV using the Get Data option on the Home Tab.
3. Format URL field
     • Fields Tab (Right): Select\Highlight the URL filed that was imported
     • Modeling Tab (Top): Click Data Category (dropdown): Select Web URL
4. Add a Table to the Page that includes the imported columns
     • The text columns should show up black and the URL should be displaying as a hyperlink (underlined and blue).

Now when you click the … Show Data option on the table. You will see the table at the top of the screen and the data in the bottom pane. If the URL is the first field in the table it will include all of the columns in the link as invalid query string values. If the URL is not the first column it will display and work correctly.

Hi @SStough ,

Thans for your detail steps, we can reproduce it and have the same result as yours, we can use the matrix visual as a workaround currently. We will report this issue and update here if we got anything new.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have quite a few columns, so I don’t have enough screen real estate to use the Matrix after it pivots the data. I will continue to move the URL to column 2 as a workaround for now. Thank you for taking the time to reproduce and report the issue.

Hi @SStough ,

The issue had been fixed. Please have a try. Hope it is working perfectly on your side.😉

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @SStough ,

We got the message the fix is in process, it should be seen at the april 2020 version. And based on my test, the url in see data can not be clicked in march 2020 version.

Best regards,

It is working great. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.