Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show Current year Sales and Prior Year Sales in One line

Hi,

I'm trying to create a DAX Measure for Prior year and need some help. My Model has one Fact Table and 4 dimensions. FactSales, DimStore, DimDate, DimCompStatus, DimStyle. DimCompStatus has data this way ; for each week and for each Store their Status is Stored. Here is an example of how Prior Year values shows up because of CompStatus of a Store. Store_PY.png

For Store 402 and 412 there are 2 lines because the compStatus of last year is different. I would like to see the current year comp status and SalesAmt and SalesAmtpy in one line like this;

402 C 34325 40349

412 O 66347 68893

Here is my PY Calc 

SalesAmtPY:=
    VAR DateRange =
        FILTER (
            ALL ( 'DimDateRetail' ),
            'DimDateRetail'[AdjustedYearNumber]
                = VALUES ( 'DimDateRetail'[AdjustedYearNumber] ) - 1
                && CONTAINS (
                    VALUES ( 'DimDateRetail'[AdjustedWeekofYearNumber] ),
                    'DimDateRetail'[AdjustedWeekofYearNumber], 'DimDateRetail'[AdjustedWeekofYearNumber]
                )
                && CONTAINS (
                    VALUES ( 'DimDateRetail'[AdjustedWeekofYearandDayofWeekNumber] ),
                    'DimDateRetail'[AdjustedWeekofYearandDayofWeekNumber], 'DimDateRetail'[AdjustedWeekofYearandDayofWeekNumber]
                )
        )
    RETURN
        CALCULATE ( [SalesAmt], DateRange)

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
kamalmsharma
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Sri,

Try using ALL(tablename, tablename[compstatuscode]) as a filtering condition to your salesamount measure for cuurent year as well as last year. This will ignore compstatus code column as a filtering condition in the table.

Cheers

Kamal

www.addendanal 

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you have date column(of date format) or only "year","day" (of number format) columns in the dataset?

It is important for me to know so to decide if we can use time intelligence function as this thread

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

See if my Time Intelligence the Hard Way provides a different way of accomplishing what you are going for.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Time-Intelligence-quot-The-Hard-Way-quot-TIT...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried your Measure, didn't work for me. Thanks!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.