Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show Created, Resolved and Backlog defects in single visualization across a Time axis of say Months

Hi All,

I have a time axis of Months and my requirement is to :-

1. Show Created cases in a particular month.

2. Show Resolved cases in that particular month

3. Show the backlog from that particular month

I am using this measure :

Resolved = CALCULATE( COUNTROWS(FILTER(Tickets, Tickets[resolution] <> BLANK())) , USERELATIONSHIP( Tickets[resolutiondate], 'Date'[Date]))

There was already a relationship between   Tickets[CreatedDate] and   Date[Date] which is the active relationship.

I have now created another secondary relationship  between   Tickets[resolutiondate] and    Date[Date].

But now in my visualization the data of resolved tickets comes up without any Month related to it and comes as a single count till date (see below – the first bar).

The created tickets data comes up properly as that is already used in active relationship.

image.png

Please suggest where the issue could be.

-Mani A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Everything looks great. The possible cause could be the format of the Tickets[resolutiondate]. Does it have a time part while the 'Date'[Date] doesn't? For example, Tickets[resolutiondate] is 2017/01/01 13:30:48 while the 'Date'[Date] is 2017/01/01. Please check it out.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Everything looks great. The possible cause could be the format of the Tickets[resolutiondate]. Does it have a time part while the 'Date'[Date] doesn't? For example, Tickets[resolutiondate] is 2017/01/01 13:30:48 while the 'Date'[Date] is 2017/01/01. Please check it out.

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-jiascu-msft,  you are awesome, thanks a lot.

I am new to Power Bi, did that change to Date only for CreatedDate but not for resolution date as I created the measure later.

Silly, but I guess that is how I will learn....

Hi @Anonymous,

Forget to say you can add a new Calculated Column like this: 

=Tickets[resolutiondate].[Date]

Show Created, Resolved and Backlog defects in single visualization across a Time axis of say Mon .jpg

Then you can keep the time part for other purpose.

Best Regards!

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-jiascu-msft thansk for that info, I just duplicated the column and changed the data type to date and it has worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.