Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

karlosdsouza
Helper II
Helper II

Show % Change in power BI graph

Picture1.png

Is there a way to get the % change in the way it is being calculated above in power BI ?

Got to know that Tableau has this option..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use this chart when i want to show % change. Like compare current year and past year or another two dimension. You can compare just two dimension at the same time with this chart.

Actually thats not exactly what you are looking for but maybe work

you can get this on marketplace with search as "bar chart with relative variance"
https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381912?src=office&tab=Overview

Screenshot_4.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use this chart when i want to show % change. Like compare current year and past year or another two dimension. You can compare just two dimension at the same time with this chart.

Actually thats not exactly what you are looking for but maybe work

you can get this on marketplace with search as "bar chart with relative variance"
https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381912?src=office&tab=Overview

Screenshot_4.png

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@karlosdsouza,

Yes, you can also achieve this in power bi. You can refer to steps below.

1. Create two slicer visuals based on Diversity and Year column.

2. Create a cluster column chart and drag Type column and Diversity column to the axis field, Year column to the legend field and Value column to the value field.

3. Create a measure using DAX below and drag the measure to card visual field.

Change_Percentage = 
VAR Bottom_Value = CALCULATE(MAX(Table1[Value]), FILTER(ALL(Table1), Table1[Diversity] = SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Diversity]) && Table1[Year] = SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Year]) && Table1[Type] = "Bottom"))
VAR Top_Value = CALCULATE(MAX(Table1[Value]), FILTER(ALL(Table1), Table1[Diversity] = SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Diversity]) && Table1[Year] = SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Year]) && Table1[Type] = "Top"))
RETURN
(Top_Value - Bottom_Value) / Bottom_Value

Finally, you will achieve a report like pattern below:

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks 

@karlosdsouza,

You can add the measure to the tooltip of the bar chart.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

I don't get the question
do you want to know if it's possible to visualize as in the screenshot, or to calculate the change? if the latter, can you share the sample data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.