Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show Blank Values in Graph maintaining periods with no data.

Hello! 

I have a Line Chart with: 

Axis -> Period (string because it is a combination like FEB-2019, MAR-2019, APR-2019...)

- Legend -> Entity (string)

- Values -> Measure with a calculate that SUM a KPI Values, filtered by DATESINPERIOD by month, in order to show a number of months since the last month with data. 

We need to show in the visual all the data, included the blanks fields. To do that, we have activated the option 'Show Items with no data' and it seems that it worked when there is no filters. The problem i.e. is that when we use a slicer 'Period' to show for example APR-2019 and a slicer to filter for Entity, visuals only show April and the month that has data, in this case, January. So I can't see February and March, even it has no data and I have activated the option. 

Error.PNG

Also, we have tried with this measure, in order to show Blanks() if the KPI is blank --> 

KPIAUX_NODATA = IF(ISBLANK(GRC_F_KPI[KPI_LAST12MONTHS]); BLANK(); GRC_F_KPI[KPI_LAST12MONTHS])

Any help with this?? Anyone has had a similar problem? 

Thanks in advance!! 

4 REPLIES 4
AndreGiovannini
Frequent Visitor

Old post, but not flagged as solved.

Here is the solution:

Show items with no data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

AndreGiovannini_0-1677764543299.png

LiveYR

Hello,
Did you find a solution for this? I have a similar use-case.

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @Anonymous ,

In your scenario, you can try to change the measure to the following one:

KPIAUX_NODATA = IF(ISBLANK(GRC_F_KPI[KPI_LAST12MONTHS]),0,GRC_F_KPI[KPI_LAST12MONTHS])

The blank will not be displayed in the visual, you can change it to some other value like 0.

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @TeigeGao 

Thanks so much for your reply but this is another extra problem for us. We can not use 0 values, because it means something in our data set. A 0 value is also an indicator (KPI) for our dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.