Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lyssillic
Helper I
Helper I

Show All Values on Many-To-Many Line and Stacked Column Chart

Hello,

I'm trying to create a Line and Stacked Column chart that shows data from two different tables.

The value from one table is Hours, and it's for the Line value. The other values are Beginning Past Due and Booked, which are the Column values. The axis is Week Number, which both tables have, and have a Many-To-Many relationship with.

The Column values are appearing correctly on the chart, but the Hours are not. There is an amount for Hours for every Week Number, while there isn't for the Column values. I'm assuming it's only showing the Hours that are tied to the Column values that have values per week number. (For example, Week #4 doesn't have a column value, so it doesn't show the Hours value that is associated with Week #4.)

I have 'Show items with no data' selected for the Shared axis, and that isn't working. 

Should I create a relationship table for my two tables to associate the Week Number to one column? Is there something I'm missing?

Here's an image of what I have so far:

weeknum.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Lyssillic
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak @Greg_Deckler 

Data:

Week NumberBeginning Past DueBookedHours

It's showing:

Week NumberBeginning Past DueBookedHours

(Not showing all the Hours unless there is a booked or beginning past due value). I expect it to show all of the data on the graph.

Database:

database.png

Work Center Data Week Number example:

Week NumberBookedBeginning Past Due

(Table doesn't have Week Number rows for when it doesn't have a value associated to that Week Number ex. 2, 4, 6-8, ... are missing)

Throughput Plan Week Number example:

Week NumberHours

(The graph should add up all of the hours to = 37, 28, ...) But it's missing the ones that are missing from the Work Center Data table.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Not very clear. Can you share data model, source data and expected output

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.