Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jgil
Frequent Visitor

Shered report

Hi,

How can I do so that the people with whom I share my reports can see the changes I make after sharing them

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jgil ,

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jgil ,

For your image and description, it seems like you share a report with your boss directly

1. If you and your boss have the same tenant, you can add the e-mail and share with him directly. He with see the shared report under 'Shared with me' menu.(For example, both of you and your boss tenant are like xxxx@onmicrosoft.com)
  2. If you and your boss have different tenant, you should share with him by your tenant url which is in the right corner of pwoer bi service(? -> About power bi) after you add him as a guset in Azure portal.tenant url.png

By these ways, after you make changes on your report, the person who you shared just need to refresh web page and will see the newest content about this report.

Related Microsoft documents attached that hope to help you too:

1. Share reports 
  2. Azure B2B share 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jgil
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

We have the same domain, but when I make changes online to the report already shared he cannot see those changes, I don't know what happens or what I'm not doing correctly.

Thanks for the support

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jgil ,

I have test the scenario on my environment and my colleagues also tested it but it seemed work fine. Maybe you can check:

1. Have your boss used some filters and saved in the report? It could be one of the reasons. If so, try to clear the filters and refresh the web page to try again
  2. Please try to move your boss access about this report and try to reshare with him to test again.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jgil
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I already provided that scenario and it works but I was looking for a more dynamic solution, I understood that as my boss only has read access and what he is seeing is what I already have predefined if he refhesca his page he would always see the report with the current parameters.

thanks

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jgil ,

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

It happened to me also. Sometimes when we make changes in the report online using "Edit" and then "Save" it, others who have kept the report open in their web browser may not see the changes. We have resolved the issue by asking the users to either close their browser and open it again or by refreshing the page (not the report, refreshing/reloading the report page itself) 

Though there is no explanation as to why this happens, it can be solved this way. We have to just reload the report. It will work fine.

I have seen a preview feature called "Automatic Page Refresh" under the menu  File->Options and Settings->Options->Preview Features. I am not sure whether turning on this option will resolve this issue as I have not tried it. You may explore this option to see how it works.

camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jgil ,

That depends, you have to publish it and if those people are in the same workspace, they are gonna see the updated report. However if you are publishing you workspace as well you have to update your app.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-how-to-collaborate-distribute-dashboards-reports

Ricardo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi,

That person is my boss who sometimes asks me to make changes to the report which I make within Power BI Service but I assumed that when I save the changes my boss would see it when he refreshed the page but that does not happen.

Help me Please and Thanks

camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jgil ,

That depends on how your are sharing it. 

If you are editing it online just save and update your workspace app.

if you are editing it on your desktop, you have to publish it and update your workspace app.

How are you sharing it ?

Ricardo

Hi,

I am sharing it online, and I make the changes online.

These are the steps I follow:

Edit Report / Save this Report / Reading View.

camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jgil ,

Are you giving him a url or he hits the reports by app ?

Ricardo

My boss you check them on the web, I attach an imagepb.jpg

camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jgil ,

check this link: https://radacad.com/dashboard-sharing-and-manage-permissions-in-power-bi-simple-but-useful

Ricardo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.