Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dia612
Helper IV
Helper IV

Sharing the reports outside the domain

Hello,

I have (pro trail acc) published a report in a workspace . I have tried sharing the report to user(pro trail acc) outside my organization domain.It showed warning like below.

outsidedomain1.png

I have shared the report but  the user cant  see get the report.

I cant even see the user  in share report > access (where we can see to whom all we shared the report )

When i shared to user in my domain, it is shareda and i can even see him in the share report > access.

outsidedomain2.png

Is it because the report is in workspace and the outside domain user dont have access to it??Should I give the user access to workspace also???

How can I share the reports in workspace  to users outside the domain???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dia612 , 

When you share with people outside your organization, they receive an email with a link to the shared dashboard or report(use that link to view report). They must sign in to Power BI to see what you shared. If they don't have a Power BI Pro license, they can sign up for a license when they click the link. In addition, people outside your organization are listed as Guest. You could refer to service-share-dashboards  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dia612 , 

When you share with people outside your organization, they receive an email with a link to the shared dashboard or report(use that link to view report). They must sign in to Power BI to see what you shared. If they don't have a Power BI Pro license, they can sign up for a license when they click the link. In addition, people outside your organization are listed as Guest. You could refer to service-share-dashboards  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @dia612 ,

You will need to provide the user an access to the workspace as well.

The 2nd option you might want to try is provide your user with a Publish to Web link. This link can be used by the user to view report irrespective of whether they have access to workspace or not.

Note: Publish to web has some limitations as well such as Q&A not working, RLS not working, log-in security bypassed, etc.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a good thread that can answer your question. Apparently, you need to send it via a link.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Can-t-Share-outside-my-organization/td-p/397038

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.