Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

asobirjonov

Sharing specified Filter choice only with team members

Hi everyone!

I was thinking is it possible to share only one choice of filter with other team members, so that we do not have to create multiple reports for everyone from the same dashboard?

For example in the Dashboard below, I want to choose Supervisor xxx in the Supervisor slicer and share it with him only, so that he cannot see other supervisors performances. In the same logic, I will share same dashboard with  Supervisor yyy and she will see the results related to her only.

I believe Power BI should have this solution, so that we do not have to copy and re-create the same dashboard for different audiences. It would be great if anyone could share their thoughts with this. 

Thank you very much!

example.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asobirjonov ,

You may set Row-Level Security (RLS), please see the link Power BI Desktop Dynamic security cheat sheet, which described the detailed steps. Maybe it doesn't work, there are some tips to let it work and test it efficiently. You can also refer to this case .

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asobirjonov  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asobirjonov ,

You may set Row-Level Security (RLS), please see the link Power BI Desktop Dynamic security cheat sheet, which described the detailed steps. Maybe it doesn't work, there are some tips to let it work and test it efficiently. You can also refer to this case .

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.