Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing reports with external users

Hi all

I wanted to find out how it is possible to share a report with an external user. I had thought if both report writer and external user had Pro accounts (paying $10 a month) then the external user would be able to see reports? We have an external user testing this out with us and it seems like they only get the Q&A section and cannot even see the dashboard let alone the report.

Our preference is to share the report for them as we've spent a good amount of time building it. The dashboard are nice but just aren't good enough IMHO. 

I've seen that the PowerBI premium option solves this but we only have a handful of external clients whilst we are trying to build up our clientele. This makes the premium option not worthwhile yet but we'd certainly like to get there. I have also seen the option to tie it in with SSRS but we don't have the enterprise edition of that

Has someone else found a good solution to this conundrum?

regards,

Mark

12 REPLIES 12

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.