Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MangoJuice
Frequent Visitor

Sharing reports/dashboards to senior executives

Hi Friends,

I am kind of newbie to this forum, I have created a small drill down visual in Power BI and planning to create more and make it like dashboard and then share it to Senior Executives across the boards.

I have done this via writing query into SQL of Dynamics CRM copy pasting result into excel and using that excel as data source manually.

Going forward I would like to do following and which is where I need you help.

1. is there any way I can automate this process or there is another way of not creating Excel and uploading/feeding to Power BI.(right now this dataset has 500K records, which is increasing 10K by day, is there any limitation we will be having in the future?)
  2. How to share this dashboards to all senior executives so that they can play around with it, without uploading MS Cloud and just keeping it on over server where then can login on terminal server and see all these reports.

Thanks in Advance.

Mango Juice.

6 REPLIES 6
Manuel
Frequent Visitor

I Think for both issues you can use de on premise gateway

With this tool you can have always you date up to date, with 15 delay.

If you don´t know how to use it, see the following URL

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/

What is that cloud symbol when we click on that link and read article? if we have to use cloud then we can use this, since eveythign has to be local server but viewable by users who has authentication thourhgout the company.

Any idea on how to share with other memebers?

The ability to publish reports that remain on prem, through SSRS, is in preview right now (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlrsteamblog/2016/10/25/announcing-a-technical-preview-of-power-bi...).

Do you work in a highly regulated industry? Why is the cloud service not possible for you?

I am in Healthcare so no cloud, unless it's cloud behind our Firewall.

Because fo this reason we also got CRM Dynamics on-premise.

MangoJuice.

Please see the link in my earlier post as this will be the current solution you will want to consider.

I completely agree with you. Since we have CRM 2015 on-premise which has SQL Server 2012 SE.

I assume that we need to do following to get going,

1. Upgrade SQL Server 2012 SE to 2016 EE
  2. Publish Power BI Dashboard on SSRS server.

Since I am not familiar with CRM much, I have asked question on CRM forum is whether with can upgrade the SQL Server from 2012 to 2016 without upgrading the CRM. Let me know if you have any information on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.