Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jrodriguez
Regular Visitor

Sharing dashboard outside of your organization

Is anyone having issues sharing a dashboard outside the organization? I know this feature was recently announced and is supposed to be working, but not for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jrodriguez I get the same "warning" - when I type in the external email address, but there was no restriction on me sharing. I shared the dashboard, and I can see that the user is in the "Shared With" section. I need to confirm with the user I tested with to see if he has visibility, but I wasn't prohibitied from sharing the dashboard...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JocelynLu
Regular Visitor

Hello, I'm trying to share Dashbards with people that are "outside of my organization", but the "Share" button remains gray and unclickable. Can someone confirm if this option is supposed to be available with the free Power BI Subscription, or do I have to upgrade? 

Note: Other people have said that there is just a warning, but their "Share" button is clickable. Mine reamins completely grayed out. 

Thank you!

ericleslima
Advocate I
Advocate I

@jrodriguez you can try to use a "Publish to web" option, to reports.

@jrodriguez is the email address you are using for the end recipient a business address, or something like hotmail, gmail, etc.?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

It's a business address for people in another company. 

I get a note saying their domains are outside my company....

@jrodriguez I get the same "warning" - when I type in the external email address, but there was no restriction on me sharing. I shared the dashboard, and I can see that the user is in the "Shared With" section. I need to confirm with the user I tested with to see if he has visibility, but I wasn't prohibitied from sharing the dashboard...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , 

Im not able to see a solution in this rensponse. Was there a work around not caputured?

All I can add it that I have shared links with 2 external users. One user was able to view the dashboard i shared, the other was not. 

Not understanding what "the data for the invitation is not currently available" means?

I have the same issue. My client (an external user to my domain) cannot see my dashboard.

He gets the message "You don't have access to this dashboard. The data for the invitation is not currently available'

He has Office 365 (but in a different domain). We are both using free Power BI accounts. The data tables are from Power Pivot in an excel spreadsheet on my OneDrive which I have also shared with him.

The data is a little sensitive so I don't want to share to web - even with a long random link.

Hi,

this should also work for the Power Bi free subscription, right?

Thanks Eno....I guess I was asking for permission instead of forgiveness on this one. It went through, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors